On April 17, Boston will commemorate the venerable Boston Marathon. The difficult Marathon course begins in the small hamlet of Hopkinton, which is located about 26.2 miles west of Boston.
The racers continue on through a number of towns and localities, including Ashland, Framingham, Natick, Wellesley, Newton, and Brookline, before finishing on Boylston Street in the center of Boston.
With thousands of spectators and significant economic activity for neighborhood businesses, it is also expected to be Boston’s traffic nightmare.
The roads of Boston get tensed with just a little bit of festive mood. In another blog, we talked about how Boston’s Traffic Situation Is Worse Than Most of the World’s.
At certain moments during the marathon, a sizable crowd would have gathered to observe it. From Hopkinton to Boylston Street, there will be numerous road closures and traffic restrictions in place.
It is strongly advised that visitors who are traveling to the city for the events avoid driving their own cars. The Bluebikes website has information on renting bikes, and the MBTA website has information on public transportation. Walking is also a great way to move around Boston if you plan on traveling short distances.
You can also make a reservation for our taxi cab to ensure a smooth ride around the city. Boston Airport Express will be updated with all the road closures and traffic situations in the city. With experienced chauffeur car services in boston, we can guarantee that you will reach your destination comfortably and without any inconvenience.
Several roads in the city will be operating with no-stopping rules
Following roads will be closed on the day of the marathon
- Charles Street, from Boylston Street to Beacon Street
- Arlington Street, from Marlborough Street to Boylston Street
- Commonwealth Avenue Outbound, from Arlington Street to Charlesgate West
- Charlesgate West, from Commonwealth Avenue Outbound to Commonwealth Avenue Inbound
- Commonwealth Avenue Inbound, from Charlesgate West to Hereford Street
- Hereford Street, from Commonwealth Avenue to Boylston Street
- Boylston Street, from Dalton Street to Charles Street
- Chestnut Hill Ave at Clinton Road and Dean Road
- Washington Street at Park Street
- Harvard Street at Longwood Ave and Sewall Ave
- Saint Paul Street at Longwood Ave and Sewall Ave
- Sewall Ave at Marshall Street
- Boylston Street, from Exeter Street to Dartmouth Street
- Dartmouth Street, from Boylston Street to Newbury Street
- Newbury Street, from Dartmouth Street to Exeter Street
- Exeter Street, from Newbury to Boylston Street
To learn more about the traffic rules, visit Boston.gov.