The traditional taxi services are almost becoming non-existent with the origin of the latest application based taxi booking services in Boston. Though the service is not very old, yet the popularity has grown immensely due to the use of the Smartphone technology. The revolutionized industry is still undergoing the changes and the changes are for good now. Hence the taxi service providers have to keep pace with the changing trends and adopt the new ways of offering services to the clients.
The technical aspect of designing the app relies with the experts but the companies can discuss the features and services which they want to extend to their database to keep them as loyal customers. The aspect of loyalty is becoming difficult as the smart customers do not mind switching their loyalties and trying the new companies in the market whom are offering more services at lower costs. Thus the competition is very high and so is the pressure to keep the customers hooked on to them.
To get rid of the pressure and stress, tech-friendly option seems to be the best one and companies are thus going technology based for their smart customers. While a mobile application is just an extension of the services offered by the respective taxi service providing company, it certainly is becoming very beneficial for both the companies and the clients.
- A taxi booking app for the service providing company is developed with the help of a server. The investment in the Backend is also as important as the Frontend. Two interfaces are created; one of the taxi drivers and the other is for the taxi riders. The GPS also plays a pivotal role in the identification of the user who wants a taxi and the information is given to the nearest driver in the locality. This is the way in which the taxi app functions.
- The three pillars of success for the taxi app are
- Reliability factor which they can extend to their respective riders and clients.
- Convenience which they can offer to the clients by picking them within 5-10 minutes of booking the cab and dropping them at the desired location.
- With the help of the Google Maps, the real time location of the drivers is possible and they cannot fool the passengers about their location. The owner can be watchful about the location of the driver too. Hence the security standards of such an app are very high.
- The Fare calculation system is also very fair and the clients also feel that they are highly cost-effective and do not charge any exorbitant rates as the rates are pre-decided as per the distance of the locations.
- The apps also provide the rating system as per which the customers can rate their experience with the cab and the cab driver. These feedback options help the companies to serve their clients in a better format. The popularity of the Mobile App based taxi service is rising and gathering much accolades of the clients also.